Some people cannot imagine their lives without pets. Our furry friends stand by us through thick and thin. They love us no matter what. Even though having pets around is bliss, it is no less of a headache as well.
Pets shed a lot of hair, dander, and leave stains around. They can be trained though. But, that does not reduce their accidents even a bit.
Are you frustrated by the lingering odors and persistent pet stains? Read on to find out formulate your own pet stain and odor remover ideas.
1. Blot the pee: If you spot your pet in the act, immediately blot the affected area with a cotton cloth. This will act as an absorbent. It is important to have the carpet or soiled area completely dry.
Blotting up the fresh pee will help the stain and odor remover to act more effectively. Additionally, it also prevents the pee from setting deep inside the carpet fibers. This does not let the pee stain set on the carpet.
2. Vinegar Solution: Mix warm water and household vinegar in equal parts. Mix this solution into a spraying bottle. Spray the solution over the affected area.
Further, scrub off the affected area with a gentle brush.
3. Baking Soda: Baking soda is a natural pee odor eliminator. Apply generous amounts of baking soda to the affected area. Let it sit in the affected area for 24 hours.
Baking soda is known to absorb odors. After 24 hours, vacuum the affected area thoroughly to absorb up any baking soda.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide and Dish Detergent: To remove tough pet stains, you need to do a two-step process. First, apply baking soda to the stained area. Then, prepare a solution using equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide. Add a little dish detergent to this solution. Mix the solution thoroughly.
Pour this solution over the baking soda on the stained area. Gently scrub the stained area post this. Rinse with warm water after scrubbing.
5. Vacuum: After using the above-stated ideas, vacuum the area thoroughly. This will let the used products be absorbed from the carpet. This also ensures that the pet stains and odor do not seep inside the carpet pile.
If these stain and odor remover ideas do not succeed in pee odor elimination, call in the professionals. Clean To The Maxx is a professional stain and odor remover company that deals in all kinds of stain removal efficiently.